Effects of snoring on health. Why it happens?
Has it ever happened that you are on your bed and it is past midnight, you have everything you need for a good night’s sleep but you just can’t because the person sleeping next to you just won’t stop snoring. Effects of snoring are felt by others more than the individual himself/herself. This make s this issue also embarrassing along with unhealthy. So if you have doubts like what are the side effects of snoring on health, what are snoring causes and effects, what are anti snoring device side effects, what is the most beneficial snoring treatment or snoring home remedies, how to stop snoring immediately and what to eat to stop snoring, you are at the right place as all your questions will be answered here.
Effects of snoring
Snoring is the result of disruption and blockage in the flow of air through our nose and mouth. This may happen cause of blocked nasal cavity, sleep deprivation, throat muscle issues etc. Some of the most common side effects of snoring are:
- It narrows the blood supply to the brain which may result in a stroke.
- It may result in irregular heartbeats also known as arrhythmia.
- There is an increased risk for heart diseases like coronary artery disease or high blood pressure which may also result in heart attack
- Snoring effect sleep quality due to which a person may feel uneasy and exhausted most of the time.
Remedies for snoring
- Try avoiding sleeping on your back, rather sleep on your sides it lowers the vibration and reduces snoring.
- You can use the elastic strip on your nose bridges to widen your nostrils while sleeping so the airflow is maintained properly and snoring is reduced.
- Under proper suggestion and supervision from a professional, you can use decongestants to open your air paths while sleeping and reduce snoring.
- Try to keep your head on a raised level hen your body so that there is a better flow of air and reduced chances of snoring.
- Bring some lifestyle changes like lose weight and maintain a proper sleep cycle to avoid snoring and reduce its effects.