What green tea does to your body?
Do you drink green tea? Or want to know what it does to your body if you drink it daily? What are its advantages and disadvantages here is all the information you need to know.
If you want to lose some weight, green tea is an amazing drink for you. It has antioxidants and nutrients which boost your metabolism, therefore, increasing body fat burning capacity.
7 Reasons why green tea really good for you?
- Drinking Green tea burns belly fat.
- Boosts metabolism.
- Can help you lose weight.
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
- Prevents heart disease.
- It is anti-aging.
- Helps to lower blood sugar.
When should you drink green tea?
Don’t take green tea very early in the morning with an empty stomach.
Avoid taking green tea at mealtime.
Don’t add milk or sugar in green tea.
Half an hour before a workout can improve your performance and it will help you to lose weight and burn fat.
How much green tea should you drink a day?
Drinking a few cups of green tea each day to gain its benefits and says that in tea-drinking cultures, 3 cups per day is a normal amount. Don’t have more than 2-3 cups in a day because green tea also contains caffeine, which can have negative effects if consumed in excess. In excessive amounts, it can have troublesome side effects including a headache, nervousness, sleeplessness, irritability, irregular heartbeat, heartburn, dizziness, and confusion. Although the amount of caffeine in green tea varies from brand to brand, If you’re sensitive to caffeine, you may be considering switching to Ayurveda or herbal green tea.
5 Easy steps to make green tea
- Take out the green tea teabag.
- Boil water and pour water into a mug. Or you can just microwave a cup of water.
- Add the green tea bag to the cup of boiling water.
- Allow the tea bag to steep in the hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the teabag and serve.
6 Disadvantages of green tea
1. Stomach Problems: Caffeine could be the most common culprit. Though it has a lower amount of caffeine than other types of tea, it still can cause problems. This is because caffeine increases the amount of acid involved in the digestive process.
2.Iron Deficiency And Anemia: The polyphenol antioxidants in green tea can inhibit iron absorption.
3.Headaches: Again, because of the caffeine, green tea might cause mild to severe headaches.
4.Vomiting: Excessive intake of caffeine, including that from green tea, can trigger nausea and vomiting.
5.Muscle break And Contractions: Excessive caffeine consumption has also been linked to muscle spasms and twitching. And individuals with an abnormal sinus rhythm must limit caffeine intake.
6.Dizziness: It has been found that long-term caffeine dosages of above 1.5 grams per day can lead to certain non-specific symptoms, a couple of them including vertigo and dizziness.
Hope you like the article.
For more such healthcare and fitness tips follow me on Instagram.